Friday 25 November 2011

So Close I can Almost Taste It

Freedom is right around the corner. Tonight marks the 27th shift. It's been somewhat boring the last couple nights. Last night was so quiet on the radio I thought it wasn't working for a little while. Everyone knows exactly what to do; where to load and where to dump. The new haul road is getting pretty rough now; if you wear your seatbelt it almost cuts you in half when the front end starts bouncing, and if you don't, you end up flying all over the cab... With the heavy loads of rock we are hauling the tires only make the bouncing worse. The only solution is to slow right down which is hard because you want to keep production up and haul lots of loads. Today has been a lazy day for me, but tomorrow I will have plenty to do to get ready for my flight out of here on Sunday afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment